Saturday, April 3, 2010

alay lakad - ngalay lakad 2010

it was maundy thursday eight years ago when I decided to join this tradition. I was just curious then why people opted to walk for 8 hours and just visit a church then head back home?

It was my tito tam and his bestfriend with ate ging whom I shared my first climb to Antipolo. It was fun because we just talked everything and anything. Despite people not knowing the real meaning of that climb, we managed to reflect.

after seven years, here I am. my tito and his bestfriend is no longer available to accompany me since they live miles away from me. ate just tried it once.

i have my two ate now who makes sure if we have the time, we manage to go to antipolo and pray.

this year, we're just four. me, ate car, ate tin and my soul sister rachel. it was rachel's first time to climb but she did great.

this year i must say was the most solemn prayer i offered. i thanked Him for all the learnings, blessings and even trials He gave me and my family. I think every year becomes more intense as they were before.

on a lighter note, we had fun during the climb. i had che and ate car so what do you expect?

when we reached tikling, i was so surprised by the volume of people. but of course, majority of them were just there to be there not because they have a reason for faith to be there. whew.

we rode the tricycle, went the other way because the main road is no longer serviceable. still with aching feet, imagine the ride...


going home is another problem. we went to angono just to make sure will be able to go home.

pictures you'll see are me with my ate and cheche.. enjoy! and happy easter!


No comments:

Post a Comment